Friday, July 6, 2007

Bout time I got one of these...

Well, I've been in Canada for almost six months now and I'm getting heaps of email at the moment from irate people asking why the hell I havn't been in contact. I'll put a quick summary here and get into a little more detail later on.

I've been in Canada since the end of January this year and absolutley loving it. It was -22°C on the day of my arrival and has steadily warmed ever since, to where it is today: 25°C. Here I was, thinking I was coming to a cold place, and it turns out summer is the same as in Perth, Australia... just a little more on the humid side. Anyways, enough on the weather.

I've started working for a company called Quiettouch who are basically a managed IT services company. We handle all apsects of a companie's IT requirements, from housing their servers, to managing their networks, to desktop support. I'm currently working on the helpdesk, tackling every day user issues in the area of desktop support. Not ideal, and I don't intend to be on the helpdesk for the rest of my life, but it's a great organisation to find myself working for: I can only go up :P They have already helped me get my A+ certification and are footing the bill for my MCSE exams and texts. So yeah, I'm happy :) Other than that I'm enrolled to finish my degree at Murdoch externally via correspondance, starting first semester next year. Can't wait... lol.

I've already had a few people come and stay with me over the past few months since I've been here. Matty Irvin was the first, staying with me for a few weeks back in March before heading down to New York to promote himself and his music. He actually just returned from there at the end of last week and stayed with me for a few days before he left on his Canadian tour. Check out his Myspace for some of his music.

About a month after that I had Alison Barrett-Leonnard, Matt Scott and his lady Estelle stay for a few days. These guys are all from Perth, Australia and I know them all individually from different places, but never knew they all knew each other :P Small bloody world eh?

Also, my folks and my little brother Tom are coming to visit in August, so that's nice and exciting, particularly my little bro; it's gonna be great having him here for a little while!

Anyways, that about does it for now. I'm going to endevour to get some photos up and also get posting reguarly. For now: peace out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Consider yourself Atom-ized or RSS-ed...

Good to catch up, great to read life is pretty reasonable for you.

What have you decided to finish at Murdoch Uni? B What?

Adam said...

Gonna hammer the IT degree. I'm in it just for the piece of paper now; more a formality. Having spoken to a few employers here, in IT, it's all about experience and which certifications you have.